#WordsofWisdom by Christina Valkanoff
Raleigh is booming and now is the time to buy!
Let's take a look at why 2018 is a great year to buy, whether you're a veteran of the market or new to the process.
1. The Triangle is the place to be!
- Has been recognized as one of the Top 3 Best Places to Buy in 2018 - Vogue Magaznine; Top 10 Best Cities in America to Live - City of Raleigh; Ranked #2 as the Most Educated City in the Country - City of Raleigh; and Ranked #8 in the Best Cities for Veteran Homebuyers to Live - City of Raleigh.
- One of the best employment markets in the country.
- In 2017, Raleigh was Ranked #4, out of the Top 25 Best Cities for Employment,
with 65,810 job openings! - Glassdoor
- Thinking about starting at tech start up? Raleigh Ranks #2 as the Cheapest City to
base a tech start up with having a number of tech hubs in Research Triangle Park.
- Year-round events, a little something for everyone, such as, Food Truck Festivals, Brewery Festivals, Parades, Shopping, Cultural Festivals, and Art Festivals.
2. Large corporations are expanding to the area.
- Huge companies are expanding this way since the market is doing extremely well. It has been reported that IKEA and Wegman's are coming and we hope that Amazon and Apple consider the Triangle - CVRG is wishful thinking.
3. Triangle Real Estate Market is affordable.
- The average house sold in 2017 in Raleigh was $237,000 and the average house sold in the U.S. in 2017 was $376,200 - Realtor.com
4. Interest rates are on the rise.
- The stock market is growing rapidly.
- Rates are still in the low 4%’s, but expected to rise over the course of 2018.
- Keeping Current Matters
5. Rental prices are rising.
- Rental prices are increasing faster than home values and it is cheaper to buy
- Because of the low vacancy rate, rental prices are going up
- Downtown Raleigh Alliance
If you are thinking about buying a home or know of someone looking to buy, please contact us today. We would love to help!
- Christina & CVRG